October 1, 2004

So speaking of moving...

We move house in only a week. Scary. The boxes have been delivered, so the packing needs to begin. As well as fixing some things in the new house, getting appliances delivered and doing some pre-moving next week. Aye. But this is part of the reason it is kinda good for me to start a blog now, it's one big turning-a-new-leaf kinda time for me, so I thought it'd be nice to document it.

In the meantime I have moved at work, and it was an exhausting first day in the new building. Just so much to absorb. How to work the fancy new coffee machine, where to find paper towels, where to find your own bloody desk and all the boxes with your stuff in them... I'll never be happy being suddenly in a 23 story building with 1700 people, but it's reality now so I gotta deal. I do have a lovely view from the 8th floor, just a big window in front of me to stare out of, so that's nice. Try to get that in the US as a lowly admin worker. And it now takes me at least half an hour less to get to and from work. Though I actually kinda liked the train ride to work. When am I gonna read now?! Bah, I'm sure by the end of the year I'll hardly remember the old ways...