August 9, 2006

Heartbreak

O a few minutes ago played CCR's Fortunate Son and I went looking for the file I know I had of Sleater-Kinney playing that song live, but the file had mysteriously disappeared. No matter, I downloaded it again (assuming it is the same version I had) and enjoyed that. Now I'm enjoying them playing Rock Lobster live with Calvin Johnson at the Capitol Theater in Olympia. I was actually at this show, a New Year's Eve concert to ring in 1998 (one of the best years of my life; no wonder, the way it started out) and when they started this song, I totally freaked out. It is so fun to dance to and I had a personal history of rocking out to it at the dances we had when I went to summer camp. Somewhere back at home I have a video of the whole New Year's Eve concert, if it's not ruined by water damage.

Anyway, so I remembered that S-K's last two shows are coming up this Friday and Saturday and it's just so wrong. I envy deeply all the people who get to be there. I'll miss them so much.