December 8, 2004

The Grand Opening of...

...The Evil Office Building of Corporate Bastardness

The building in which I work was previously featured here. And the Big Cheeses decided we needed a big grand opening, with royalty and everything! =P Well, ok, there was a nice party with free booze and food, so I skipped all the ceremony and just went to that.

Anyway, they recently posted some photos on the intranet to remember the special day. First off, the royalty. It wasn't anyone that big, she's like wife of one of the queen's younger sons (Princess Laurentien, for the Dutch people playing along). I guess it was the best they could do. So she arrived in a big limo followed by like 5 other cars and all sorts of guards and such and they rolled out a red carpet and it was all royal, or something. She arrived, she spoke on illiteracy (I guess it's one of her special interests), and then she went out to the front lawn to "plant" an oak tree. She didn't really plant it, it had already been sitting in the ground for two days and I think it would have remained standing without the help of the bit of dirt she threw on it, but it's all for the cameras. She had a few helpers, some kids from a local school who are in some learning program that our company sponsors. So they all go out, are handed shovels, and then start tossing some dirt at the bottom of the tree.

Go, Princess, Go

I did watch this part from our offices. She was pretty into it, not too girly and royal and going "ew. What is this wooden thing you're handing me?! I could get a splinter!" She did call it quits rather early though, while the kids were still rather into it.

Yeah. I'm done.

"Ennnh, I think that's enough of that."

So she pissed off back to her palace and we partied and avoided work. And pictures were made to embarrass everyone with later. I picked out some of the key moments of brilliance to post here:



"Hehheh heh. I got me two wimmin. Don't matter that they're co-workers and I have to face them tomorrow."



"Hehheh heh. I got me two wimmin too. And I can almost cop a feel!"

Keep an eye on that one in the red shirt on the left. I only just realized that she was in this photo, because the next two photos feature her. And she's appropriately showing off her empty champagne glass. She seems to like her alcohol:



Cuz one glass of booze at a time just isn't enough!



Watch out, Mom always said your face could freeze that way.

This woman was in like half the photos. You know she's proud.

It's easy to make fun of these people since I know nary a one of them. I'd of course make fun of my co-workers, but since the Bastards of Evil Corporateness didn't put up any photos of anyone I work with (except for ONE photo that MIGHT show the BACKS of two people I know), there's not much I can do.