June 3, 2005

Courtney, is that you?

I had an eerie experience when I went to the Munt movie theater the other night to see The Interpreter (which was ok, went on way too long though...). I was starving and needed something to munch on during the movie, so I went over to get some popcorn. And the chick behind the counter so looked like an early-90s Courtney Love. The resemblance was freaky. It was even weirder though for her to be speaking Dutch, like "When'd you learn that?!" Perhaps even more incongruent was the fact that she was really nice. Nevermind that some poor young girl working a crap job like the movie concessions in the Netherlands is like the least likely person to be nice to you, but then she looks like Courtney Love! She was so sweet though, sending me off with a fairly sincere "enjoy your movie!" Crazy...