March 18, 2006

Random stuff

Oh my god, I'm posting from home. It's been awhile.

I have a few things floating about that I want to write about and post. First from a journal called General Practice Online, which I came across the other day in the midst of work stuff. About halfway down the page it says it is edited by a Tom Heston, MD, who is at the Southwest Washington Medical Center in "Vancouver, Washington, Nr Portland, USA"... "Nr Portland"? Is that Near Portland or North Portland? I suppose either way is correct...

In a fit of complete boredom and listlessness on Friday, I took to scanning humourous things I found in our mail corner for later posting here. The first:



I don't know why the International Society of Explosives Engineers were trying to contact a company that deals with medical writing, but maybe they got confused. I like their logo. All it's missing is Wile E. Coyote.

The second thing was a fax we recieved:



In English, it says "For a number of years, I have not been able to work due to personal circumstances. But to keep myself busy I have taken up the hobby of collecting metal advertising paperclips such as brand clips and promotion clips.

"Your organization has such advertising paperclips and maybe lying in a desk drawer there are a few of these finer things which you could easily miss. Also advertising clips from other companies are very much welcome.

"I would like to ask you if it is at all possible that you could please help me with expanding my collection.

"I thank you very much for your cooperation."

Eek. I normally throw spam faxes directly into the recycling bin, but I left this one next to the copiers. I felt bad about throwing it out, as sad as it was. I can't imagine anyone at our company actually sending some paperclips to this woman, but you never know.