May 5, 2006

One Arnold to another

Via a technology blog from New Scientist I came across a rather strange site where you can judge whether an email is spam or not, to help developers of anti-spam software make better spam filters. I gave it a go and ended up a bit confused about where these emails came from. It seemed they were real emails, all to people or between people at Enron. Maybe they were all taken as evidence when Enron fell apart? And then handed over to help spam software developers? I dunno...

So, most of the emails I viewed were spam, but occasionally there was a work-related email, usually something boring about a report or whatever. The following made me laugh though:

-----Original Message-----
From: Arnold, John
Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2001 7:38 AM
To: Arnold, Matthew
Subject:

what's brian's last name?

-----Original Message-----
From: Arnold, Matthew
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 8:06 AM
To: Arnold, John
Subject: RE:

which brian?

-----Original Message-----
From: Arnold, John
Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2001 8:13 AM
To: Arnold, Matthew
Subject: RE:

bad mormon brian

-----Original Message-----
From: "Arnold, Matthew"
To: "Arnold, John"

robins


Like there's such a thing as good Mormons. I jest, I jest... I knew a few Mormons in high school and they weren't so bad. I was even friends with a couple of them. You barely knew they were Mormons, except for those damn rings they were always wearing.