June 3, 2005

Weeekeeend.... WEEEEEEKEEEENNNNND!!!

Arrr, it almost be the weekend. I am so ready to go home already, but, alas, it's not even lunchtime yet. So, goals for the short two days we get off:

- Paint the one bit of wall in the living room that we bought paint for a couple of months ago. I dunno if it's a great idea to paint only one part of the living room wall and not the rest, but we'll see how it looks. It needs to be done though cuz the previous inhabitants had shelves on that wall, then they took the shelves out when they moved and left behind poorly filled-in screw holes (they just slathered on the hole-filler stuff) and faded paint so that you can see where the shelves were. We're not painting it white though, but rather a light blue-gray. So some colour, but hopefully subtle. Someday we'll move on to the couch, which we'd have plans to paint an Oriental red (the couch is a wooden frame with cushions, in case the idea of painting a couch was odd there).
- Finish the book I'm reading. I've been slow going through books lately, and I want to finish off this one and move on to something else, which I plan to be Dry by Augusten Burroughs. O just bought a massive plies of books recently, plus I have some older ones hanging about to read, so I'll never catch up. But I can try if I up my reading speed more. Thing is I just got all these other things to read: a couple of magazines and the Rough Guide to Chicago (for our trip at the end of the month). But I'd really like to have my current book finished by the end of the weekend.
- Set up the new printer we got. Our old one, which was ancient, finally died awhile ago and we bought a replacement last weekend. You can get by easily without a printer at home, but it is nice to have when you book things online and such and don't want to have to remember to print off stuff when you're at work. Plus they aren't expensive, so may as well have one. Just need to hook it up now, but it is going on O's computer and he's been fiddling a lot lately with the server he's set up. In his drawer. Yeaaah. He has a computer sitting in a drawer of his desk. It's no longer in a case, of course, he stripped out the essential bits and stuck them in the drawer. Actually, I swear he's been spending more time obsessing over getting it to make as little noise as possible than he's spent doing anything with the actual computer. He initially tried to quiet the hard drive by wrapping it in old socks. Then he stole some styrofoam from work and has been molding it around the drive. He's a bit of a nutter.