July 29, 2005

Next move

After the initial idea and some pondering and some dreaming and, finally, eventually, some research, I have decided that I really would like to go on a working holiday visa for 4-6 months to Australia or New Zealand. I've been wanting to go to either country for quite some time now, and this is the perfect way of doing more than travelling, but not moving permanently quite yet. In most cases with these visas, you have to be under 30, so I have to do it now while I still can. So I've been quite excited about the idea over the past couple of days after I did research online into what was possible for Americans. Though I'm already worrying about getting stuff sorted out, especially financially, but I tell myself that I've done this before, when I went to England for 6 months, and I was only a student then, it should be much easier to save up now.

I haven't decided yet even which country to go to. There are pros and cons about each visa and each country, but that decision can come later. I fortunately know people in both countries who can give me tips and possibly a future floor to crash on. I think it will be awhile before it all happens, my initial plan is to use the next year to gather info, save money and plan, and then actually go sometime in 2007. Keep watch for developments...