June 24, 2005

What brings you here?

I've been getting a fair amount of hits to my site recently. Not that many, really, I'm still happy when the daily number of visitors goes into the double digits, but still, it's a more steady stream. A lot of hits are from web searches, and there's been some interesting trends in what people are searching on.

I was getting a lot of people searching on various ant-related things due to talking about our AntWorks. Another still-common thread is getting various people searching on stuff about shelf toilets, cuz I wrote about the evil one we have. Didn't know there was that much interest out there on them.

I strangely have been getting a lot of hits from Google image searches that goes to the photo of an ugly baby I once posted. It's weird because the hits only started at the beginning of June or so, but I posted it in January. Also it sucks that with the image search, you can't find out what the person was searching on because the link doesn't go back to that page. SoI don't even know what brought them to that photo.

Some of the more bizarre and random search terms lately:
- Elliott Smith quote blueberry muffin (enh? Did he particularly like them or something? Talk about them during a show?
- intext:"naked" "exam table" doctor english me
- Eating a wet tampon (?!?!!)