August 21, 2005

My Saturday night

Oh yes, it's an exciting one... I was first organzing the masses of mp3s on the hard drive, some of which date back to the early Napster days. They had been "organized" by O into things like a huge folder called "Elliott" that had maybe 3 Elliott Smith songs in it, and one with the helpful (and encouraging) name of "Crap". I'd been wanting to get them all sorted though for ages, so, yay me, they're finally all boiled down into one mp3 folder which is then divided into "albums" and "songs". So much nicer...

Now I'm downloading Neil Diamond songs. Shush. It's total childhood nostalgia for me. Actually, I had most of these songs downloaded awhile ago, but they mysteriously disappeared. O claims to have no knowledge of the matter. Hmph. You can't deny the greatness of his stuff, especially his older songs. Ok, well, I guess you can, but you'd be wrong to do so. Man, the hours spent listening to his stuff in the car (an 81 AMC Eagle that only had speakers in the very back that got all muffled if you had a bunch of groceries in the trunk) as my mom drove me and my brother around to friend's houses or to after-school sport practice. Sometimes some poor friend of mine got subjected to Neil Diamond when my mom drove us into town. I didn't get why they had strange looks on their face when I excitedly asked my mom to pop in one of his tapes. Bah, they didn't realize what they were missing...