November 28, 2005

Itchy...

...so itchy.

My tattoo can be quite likened to having a sunburn. In the first day or two that area of skin was a bit warm and the skin felt very tight and painful when I stretched. Now it is less painful when I move (though still very sore when touched in certain parts), but my skin is starting to peel. I noticed it last night when I was just feeling a bit how it was doing. The skin was all rough, but not in a scab like I expected (except for a little bit near the bottom of the tattoo), it's all dry skin peeling off. Ew. And the bits that peel off have colour in them from the ink, heh. It's kinda freaky to have rather big bits of black or red coloured skin coming off me. And more and more today it's begun to feel itchy, which Claudia warned me about, telling me not to itch it; no matter how much I may want to scratch up against a wall, it'll damage my skin and the tattoo and prolong the healing. Fortunately it still hurts a bit, so I don't really want to scratch away at it, but I have a feeling it'll be even itchier tomorrow and will be quite a distraction. Gaaaaah.