November 24, 2005

Mmm, pastry

I'm just finishing off this very yummy apple-raisin pastry that I bought in Cologne on Tuesday (yeah, it's a couple of days old, but it's still really good). German bakeries rock, especially if they are also marked as a konditorei, which the place where I bought this apple-raisin thing was. They had soooo much good stuff packed into their tiny shop. I could hardly decide what to get. They had huge brownies with cherries, strudels, things I couldn't even tell what they were exactly, but they still looked damn good. It's probably a good thing I don't live there.

My neck is still stiff from the worthless feather pillow that I had to sleep on in the hotel. It was a wonderful hotel, but the beds sucked. The mattress was too hard for me and the pillow did nothing to support my head. About 20 minutes after waking up Monday morning, the stiffness settled in and I could hardly turn my head to the left for two days. It's better now, but I still have to be careful about it. That's why we stood where we did when we went to the Decemberists; I planned to stand to the right side, in front of the bassist and other guitar player, but with my neck this way, I wouldn't have been able to turn my head to the left to look at the others on stage. But it's fine really, where we stood, the girls are quite lovely.

Besides my neck, my lower back is a bit sore because of the slight incident of being stabbed a lot by an inky needle last night. I want to write more about it, but I want to post photos as well, of course, and they need to be chosen and edited first. We didn't have time to do that last night. So I hope to write about it tonight. And then I'll be calling my family for Thanksgiving and they won't know what now lurks on my lower back. Mhuahahaha!