November 8, 2005

Random pieces

First of all, Portugal photos! For those not keeping score, we still hadn't gotten around to getting our photos from Portugal online. O's taking care of the final steps right now. When it's all ready, which he says it is now, you can go here and click on the Portugal 2005 link to see the gallery. I had hoped, after the US photos took a month to get online, that these would go faster, but instead it's taken two months for these to be done. Pretty soon we'll give up all hope as another vacation comes up before the last one's been taken care of.

And in fact another vacation is coming up, but it's a small one. We leave Thursday to go to Glasgow to not see Sleater-Kinney. I'm still disappointed about that, but I am looking forward to visiting the city and taking a break, though I hope it's not too wet and cold.

One final bit of news is that I've made a new appointment to get my tattoo, really and truly this time. It's not for two weeks though, on the 23rd. But I can wait, due mostly to the fact that we have these two little trips before then, so I have other things to look forward to. Otherwise it'd be an eternity. I keep trying to imagine how things will be once I have a fairly large drawing on my back. Like I was doing my yoga class Monday evening and realizing that with all this bending forward and over and back and upside down, you'd see it pretty often. And my first reaction is to wonder what people would think of it, but I can't worry about what people might think about it. Unless those people are my parents, and I can imagine that some part of the tattoo could easily peek out between my shirt and my jeans and my parents are going to see it and the resulting freak out is rather inevitable. But again, I can't, as a 28-year-old who see her parents on average for a week and a half once every year and a half, worry too much about how they'd feel about it, if they happen to see it. And I won't see them for awhile still, so in the meantime I get to just get used to it and enjoy it for myself.