October 30, 2005

Last few days

On Thursday, O and I finally carved the pumpkin I bought a couple of weeks ago. Here's what he looked like before (though in this photo, he's already gutted):



And after:



It came out pretty well, though the eyes were supposed to have bigger pupils at the center, but we didn't exactly have the most brilliant of carving tools.

Then last night was our friend's Halloween party. I went as a zombie bride and O went as an escapee from an insane asylum. Photos might be posted eventually on O's site.

It happened to also be my birthday, so a couple of friends at the party made me a cake and gave me a few little presents, including an awesome pair of stripy pinks socks that are soooo soft. The cake was awesome as well, "blood red" cake (though it came out more hot pink) with "mold" green frosting, then covered with as many gummy worms and spiders as she could fit on.



Looks absolutely disgusting, but tasted great (the cake is perfectly spongy) and I took the rest home. Maybe I'll take some leftovers to work on Monday and gross everyone out.

I didn't really want all the gummy stuff on there anymore, so I plucked it all off today before having a piece. And I just know you'd like to see a pile of gummy candy all covered with green frosting, so here it is:



Could make a diabetic have an attack just by looking at it... Note in the background the apples I bought yesterday in a "I should eat more fruit" move. Now it's like "I should eat more fruit once I've finished off my birthday cake."