October 21, 2005

Well fuck

This afternoon, after finally finishing a bunch of shit that took all day, I innocently checked my email and found the following message waiting for me:
The tickets you purchased for Sleater-Kinney at Oran Mor on Friday, November 11 will be automatically refunded since the event has been cancelled.

The cancelled event was:

Sleater-Kinney
Constantines

Due to circumstances beyond control this event has been cancelled. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Nooooooo! What?! And enh?! And noooooooo! I quickly checked their main site and SubPop's site and Pitchfork... Nothing mentioned anywhere about what was going on. I called up O and we had a freakout session and then pondered what to do now since we had crappy easyjet tickets to Glasgow and a hotel booked. It seemed some shows in the UK were cancelled, but a couple were listed as postponed, but who knew til when... What a lovely way to close out the week, I have been looking forward to this show and trip sooo much, and I still have the Decemberists to look forward to, but it just sucks so much that of all the bands I want to see who cancel a show I'm going to, it has to be Sleater-Kinney, who I love to see live so much and who I've been waiting to see again for 5 years.

An announcement at least was finally made on the official S-K site:
Sleater-Kinney regretfully must cancel their November European dates on account of medical issues. Guitarist/Singer Carrie Brownstein has suffered two severe allergic reactions within the past four months, both resulting in trips to the emergency room. Her doctor has advised that she not travel/tour for prolonged periods of time until the condition stabilizes and further tests are conducted. The band apologizes to all the people that this cancellation affects.
Man... It sucks it has to be for medical reasons, though I guess that's why these things usually happen. I just feel a bit guilty though, being pissed off I don't get to see them, but you know, I want Carrie to be better. There are rumours though on a fan site forum that the tour could be moved to next May, which would make sense because they'll be in charge of a day of the All Tomorrow's Parties fest, which is in England next May. So O and I will still go to Glasgow, I'm looking forward to seeing the city, even though it'll be Scotland in November. But it just won't be the same. I hope though that Carrie gets better, and they'd better get here soon to rock our world.