December 17, 2005

Visitors come blowing in

This morning I went to check my blog stats for the first time all week (I normally do that at work to procrastinate a bit, but I was so busy this past week that I hardly had time to breathe, let alone do any bumming around on the internet) and I had about 40 hits to my site and it was only around noon. I usually get about 15 to 20 hits a day. A sudden spike was coming from somewhere. It turns out that the Annals of Improbable Research (AIR) linked to a blog post of mine from back in July. I've had 125 visitors to that post today. AIR's little mention of my post is brief, but it was cool that they found it and linked to it.

I've sent a few emails before to the editor of AIR, Marc Abrahams, and he's (almost) always sent a nice little reply. Also I found out a few months ago that someone I went to college with now works with the magazine on the side of her research work at Harvard. I wonder if either of them realize that I am behind the blog the magazine linked to.