January 20, 2006

Doughnutty goodness

Voodoo Doughnut is the brilliant punkish doughnut shop in Portland that sells all kinds of crazy doughnut concoctions in the late and early hours of the day. Months ago I came across this Flickr set of photos taken by someone making a documentary about the shop. In my recent (and ongoing) period of utter boredom at work, I finally got around to checking out the Flickr photos. And thus I am posting about them now.

I think the photos give an excellent idea of the insanity of the shop. See voodoo doll doughnuts being made! Watch people taking the weekly Swahili lessons! Amaze at the hol(e)y giant doughnut on the wall that was famously almost stolen! Be jealous of the first couple to be actually married at Voodoo!

In short, the shop fucking rocks.

It's best not to look through the photos before lunch like I did. I think I left a puddle of drool on my desk with all the doughnut close-ups. And the memories of the blessed apple-fritter-that's-as-big-as-your-head that I had when we were in Portland. Long live Voodoo!