January 10, 2006

The numbers can do good

Last night I went to my second pub quiz in Amsterdam and my team did quite well in the first half of the night (don't ask about the second half). We won the free drinks round on a tiebreaker, we were in 3rd, and, I must say thanks to me and my Lost watching, we got a bonus "Einstein point" for being the only team to answer a question correctly. The question was "In Lost, what is the flight number of the plane that crashed?" 815, obviously. What was so funny was that as they were reading the answers later, my teammate Laura was just saying that everyone probably got it right because the show is so popular, and then the host announced that we were the only ones who got it right. Whoo hoo! Nice when TV can come in useful...

In other news, bad news first, my manager is leaving our company, which really sucks because she's a good manager. There won't be a replacement probably for awhile and no one's sure yet who will take over her stuff. It particularly sucks because she's been so good in getting me more varied work and has been helping me get a better job within the company. I'll miss having that help and I hope things can be sorted out about my job before she leaves at the end of January.

In better news, we now know when we'll be going to the US this year. After originally settling on June, it will now be late Sept/ early Oct so that I can be in Oregon when a college friend of mine gets married. I really didn't want to miss her wedding, so it's great that we'll be able to be there. It's so far away though, and I'm really looking forward to our roadtrip in California and seeing San Francisco, but it does free up the spring more for possibly going to Iceland, and we now won't miss the World Cup. ;)