May 17, 2006

Cartoons and music

In the weekend, O was on a big Cow and Chicken kick, listening to some sound files and finding old episodes. We used to watch the late-night crazy cartoons on Cartoon Network, like Cow and Chicken, IM Weasel, and Johnny Bravo. The first two in particular are just so random and insane and watching them late at night while sleepy just made the confusion factor stronger. So O came across a Cow and Chicken cartoon where they go on a family trip to Oregon to find... headhunters. Obviously. Hey, if there's a place in the US where headhunters might exist, it's likely to be Oregon. The state attracts enough crazy groups as it is. I love the part where someone says something like "Wait, I will speak to them in their native Oregon-i-an tongue" and then throws out a bunch of gibberish and blown raspberries. People I went to school with spoke like that.

I forgot to mention all the stuff I got when I ordered the latest Quasi CD from Domino in the UK. A whole little Domino paper bag came filled with postcards, stickers, and a couple of buttons. Sweet. I think they win over Kill Rock Stars for most stuff sent with a CD.

Tomorrow is the Decemberists in Paradiso, which I'm very excited about. I was just looking at their tour date page and the Paradiso show is the only show they are doing on mainland Europe. I didn't realize that. How cool. I thank them muchly for choosing Amsterdam as the only place to play besides the UK.