June 6, 2006

Sleater-Kinney back in the day

I was poking around You Tube and came across a whole series of videos of Sleater-Kinney playing in CBGBs in 1997. That's the year Dig Me Out came out and I saw them for the first time in April. Here's them rocking Call the Doctor, but there's more here and here and here, and well, just go search for it yourself if you want to see all of the clips. Carrie looks so young, not that she looks old now, but she looks younger and more riot grrrl-ish, and Corin's got a barrette going on, and Janet's hair just makes me smile, all long and pulled into ponytails on the side. Turn Me On, man, that is so good live, I can remember how I'd move to it when it was a usual song on their setlist, it just doesn't feel that long ago really. Watching these videos just breaks my heart.