November 10, 2006

New camera

I received my camera last night! I thought I'd have to pick it up at the post office today (since they tried to deliver it twice but no one was home, of course. Lesson learned for next time: send it to work), but the delivery guy came back at about 6 to try again. Sweet. Unfortunately I was out last night so I didn't really get to play with it, but I got the battery charging and looked through some of the stuff included in the box.

The camera looks awesome, very sleek and shiny. I really like it. And though it's so small, it still feels comfortable to hold. It uses an SD card, and I'm used to O's CF cards, which are huge in comparision. I didn't realize the card was that tiny. I'm so worried I'm going to break it in half... These days they don't even print out for you the full, detailed user guide, they just give it to you as a PDF on a CD. I suppose it saves on the box size since everything else comes in 4 languages, so to include 4, 140-page books would be a bit much. Anyway, I can't wait to really use it when I get home today and hopefully play around with it some this weekend.

O was supposed to have his new camera today as well, but unfortunately it won't arrive until Monday. This is the top-of-the-line Canon 5D he is getting as "payment" for being in the Canon film. Well, not that they had to pay him to be in it, but some incentive was nice, especially when it's this camera he would have never bought for himself. He's been dying all week for it to arrive.

Speaking of the Canon film, it's finally been spotted on MTV. We're not sure what time of day it was on, but it's a relief to know they are airing it and now maybe we can catch it sometime.