October 22, 2009

When I am old, I will use the f-word

Going into old-lady mode...

To the city of Leiden: If you don't want people parking their bikes along the small fence at the back of the station, how about investing some of that money you must be making off of people when they come to reclaim their bike that you've hauled away and put up some fucking signs warning people that if they park there their bikes will be carted off? I know, I know, you would probably argue (and probably do argue to the people who undoubtedly protest when they come to get their bike) that there are signs around the edge of the station area that state where you can and can't park your bike, and according to it, parking along that low metal fence isn't kosher. I will point out in return that in the direction I come to the station from, there is only one sign, on the other side of the Rijnsburgerweg, which gets less cyclists, and it faces in the opposite direction to the direction of the bike traffic. Which is just cheeky. So just put up some fucking signs near that fence already, there's poles already there, it can't be that hard.

To the NS: Pleeeeeeeeease stop fucking using such goddamn short trains on my route. Besides the commuters we have going to Amsterdam, we stop at Schiphol, where a bazillion travellers with their bazillion bags get on. 4 carriages is a fucking joke. 4 carriages is hardly a train. I know, you've probably taken a chunk of the train that used to be used for my route and given it to some other new route that's opened, but I want it back. I'm tired of fighting for foot space across from some too-tall Dutch guy. Or Monster Dutch Woman. Or tourist who shoves their suitcase in between us. And I know, I should be happy I even have a seat, but this is a downgrade, not an improvement.