October 10, 2004

The Big Move

The Big Move went down yesterday. All in all it went well and the core part of the move went amazingly fast. Moving everything out took 1 hour and 45 mins; moving everything in took about half an hour. It was a gorgeous fall day for it: blue skies, and mild temperatures to help cool you down after climbing stairs so much. A co-worker of O's wimped out in helping out, but we gained someone when this guy walking by recognized one of my friends who was helping out. I had no idea this British expat lived only the next street over. He was just heading to the store to return some empty bottles, but he offered his help and was very useful.

So now The Big Move has turn into The Big Settling In. There's so much unpacking to do, and things to get and such. Fortunately we have the day off tomorrow so we can get a few more things done. Today not much unpacking got done because we spent the afternoon cleaning the old house. I hate cleaning, but fortunately O's mom is keen to do it, so we mostly left her to it and I worked on taking out the garbage and recycling. It's so good to get everything out of there, since there were still some bits and pieces left behind.

But I'm really excited to get the new place all fixed up. It will take time to do all I want to do, but I do want to put in more of an effort than we did at the old house. Photos are forthcoming, once I get that all set up.