December 24, 2004

Time off

I am a sad person still sitting in the office at 4 pm on Christmas Eve. I am totally avoiding the small amount of work I have and I'm already bored of poking around on the internet, and I still have next Monday and Tuesday to get through. I'm only here because I don't have enough holidays left to take more time off. I think I'm about the only person in my company that runs out of holidays; everyone else I talk to talks about how they have 15, 20, 25 days left over at the end of the year that they carry over into the next year. I only get 23 to begin with. I'm seriously thinking of asking my boss for a holiday raise; I think I'd like that more than a salary raise at this point.

To be honest, I haven't technically run out of holidays, I'm carrying 3 over to next year. I just didn't want it to be even less than that. And I am off next Wednesday-Friday. Which will be great, a bit of time bumming around at home. I do have plans though to get some key things done in that time, including:

  • getting some new clothes
  • getting the damn coat hooks drilled into the wall after O and I made a mess out of our original holes and the screws wouldn't fit anymore
  • going to SpecSavers and kicking their ass to get the 45 euros they owe me out of them
  • getting some stuff hung on the walls, since the walls are still bare
  • cooking some things that are a bit more interesting than what we normally eat for dinner
  • buying a pile of fireworks for New Year's

I'll report back in the new year on how much of that I actually did. Because I need to also fit in some couch potato time and lots of late mornings. Why do I make my time off so stressful?