January 7, 2005

Holiday report

I had said I would report on how productive I actually was during my time off around New Year's. Let's take a look at the list and see how I did:

  • new clothes: check. Got quite a few new clothes, most of which I think I'm happy with. I got a new, softer, more colourful scarf that I'm definitely happy with.
  • coat hooks drilled into the wall: um, this is still a work in progress. Hopefully it'll get done this weekend and I may have some mishap stories to share.
  • kicking SpecSavers ass: another work in progress. I plan to do more ass kicking tomorrow and hopefully put an end to this mess.
  • get stuff hung on walls: failed to do that. I think we're a bit put off of dealing with the walls after the coat hooks became such a problem. Though I did hang on an existing nail in the bedroom the large Corneille calendar we got from O's mom for xmas.
  • do a bit of out-of-the-ordinary cooking: yep, made a Hungarian chicken dish, though I slightly undercooked the chicken. We're still here, so I think we escaped any samonella poisoning.
  • buy a pile of fireworks for New Year's: check. Stood in line for nearly 2 hours to do so. It was insanity. There was a line yards long outside of the hardware store we went to to get them, and we were in that for ages (fortunately it was pleasant and sunny out). Then you were let into the store in bunches, only to pile in a disorderly manner in front of the big counter and elbow your way to the front to get your fireworks. I let O battle the crowd on his own (no need for us both to head in there), and he had some little shit shove in front of him and give him lip when O told the kid to get to the back where he should be. The kid was even trying to say that O had plans to pickpocket him. O won in the end, thanks to his sharp elbows.
Hm, not as successful as I could hope, but hopefully a couple of more things will get done this weekend. Going out for groceries and such tomorrow is going to suck because it is majorly stormy out there. I hate the wind, so it makes me a very unhappy bunny.