March 18, 2005

The state of things

- What do I decide to realize at 4 am when my mind has woken up after my mid-night trip to the toilet? That the co-worker who I can't stand isn't back from his long vacation to Australia in one week, but in two weeks. Woo! Two more weeks of joy!

- These upcoming two weeks are also two weeks of joy because of the long Good Friday/Easter Monday weekend, making each week only 4 days.

- The long holiday weekend is extra happy because I will be seeing The Thermals with Quasi (!!!), not once, but twice, which will just rock. I have been dying for these shows to finally come around, and we're almost there. I've not seen The Thermals live yet, but apparently the lead singer, Hutch Harris (leaning forward here), looks eerily similar to O (from what I've seen in photos the resemblance is there, though Hutch Harris' nose is less pointy).

- I can't concentrate on work, instead I want to buy furniture! I've been looking at the Ikea website too much. I also want to paint things. We have plans to paint the couch (it's made of wood) and the coffee table. I have plans to paint the living room walls, but I'm not sure how O feels about that, or what colour to paint them. I wanna buy paint!

- It's a quiet Friday afternoon, without my yapping middle-aged officemate around, and I forgot to bring CDs with me. Goddamnit.

- O has a new gadget, a little portable hard drive-like thing (I don't even know what to call it), that has a colour screen and you can store photos, videos, and MP3s on it. He'll probably mostly use it to store photos on when we go on holiday. You can plug your camera's memory card directly into it and dump the files onto the drive and into folders via a Windows-like interface. It's a sleek little silver thing, and it holds 20 GB. Bloody hell. I'm still amazed at how fast so much memory has been squished into such small things.

- I'm pissed that the Sleater-Kinney website is having a shirt sale, but they don't have the shirt I want in my size (the pirate ship one done by Sam Coomes). In the meantime, some Threadless shirts may be purchased tonight.

- Is it time to go home yet?