February 24, 2005

Stupid Dutch TV broadcasters

The Dutch broadcasters have no respect for the boundaries of the American television season. They pay no regard to when it is the end of one season and the beginning of the next. Case in point: the season finale of a show I watch recently aired. Oh fine, I'll name the show, though it feels embarrassing to do so, but considering various guys at O's work admitted to watching it, maybe it's not so shameful... It's the Gilmore Girls. Alright? Good. Moving on.

So yes, a couple of weeks ago the season ender aired, and according to ads the station aired, new shows would be moving in on Tuesday night starting March 1; namely Desperate Housewives and Everwood. So I didn't know what would be airing for the two weeks between the end of the Gilmore Girls and March 1, but I stupidly assumed it wouldn't be more Gilmore Girls. So I didn't watch TV the following Tuesday night. But then this last Tuesday, I saw that Gilmore Girls would be on that evening at the normal time. I figure out that they didn't just leave the show at its season finale; they kept going with the next season's episodes (the season currently airing in the US). Gah! Besides me missing the season opener episode because I thought they were done with the show, it means that they've now aired just two episodes before leaving the Gilmore Girls completely for months while Everwood airs. Why? Why must they do that?! Why couldn't they just find something lame to air for two weeks (which is what I thought they'd do)? Doesn't some note come with the tapes that says these episodes belong to a different season?

Anyway, I've also seen ads that Lost will be starting to air soon (apparently beginning this Sunday, March 4 at 21:30) and I'm interested in seeing that. Another show to read about on Television Without Pity (besides Six Feet Under and 24 and the occasional CSI).