January 25, 2006

I must make rice pudding

A couple of nights ago I dreamt of rice pudding. I'm sure it came from this post in Sars' diner blog about what diners do wrong with their rice puddings. I'm not such a connnoisseur of the stuff myself to agree or disagree with her list (except for the raisin part; rice pudding totally should have raisins), but reading the post lead to a major desire for some pudding. So I gotta make some, as soon as possible, but it won't be soon enough. I won't have a chance this weekend, and perhaps not the next weekend either. Regardless of when it's made, I should have plenty to enjoy since O's not keen on it, so it'll be mine, all mine!

In the same dream with the pudding, I was also dreaming that I was at a synagogue service and we started to sing the prayer over the sabbath wine and I started crying out of nostalgia or something. Someone asked me what was wrong and, all blubbering, I said "I haven't sang this song in so long!" Dunno what was up with all of that. Maybe I should sit in on a service some weekend and get it out of my system...