June 10, 2006

I'm warm

Thank you, Sun, for joining us on this early June weekend. Apparently it was 23 degrees at Schiphol at about 10:30 this morning. And amazingly it is actually quite sunny and the sky is blue, rather than being all whited out and making the sun watered down.

We are about to head into town to see the annual World Press Photo exhibit. We go every year. I hadn't heard as much about it this year though, and I didn't even know what the winning photo was until last week, but it ends next weekend so we wanted to be sure to not miss it.

Before that though, I am taking in some jeans to have them shortened. Last weekend I bought not one, but two, pairs of jeans, both women's jeans, which is the first time in ages I've done that because they usually fit me so poorly. But this time I tried on 3 pairs of pants (the two jeans plus some light, summery pants) and they all fit on the first try. I was shocked. Unfortunately the reason why they fit was that I took a larger size, meaning I've crossed over into the 40s, but when I had on some lowish-waist, flared jeans and they actually went over my bum and besides that looked pretty damn good, I had to put the size out of my mind and just buy them. Even though one pair cost a bit more than I would like to spend on jeans, but they fit so well I couldn't pass them up. The length on both though is too long, as is usually the case, and if they were normal cut jeans I would just cuff the bottoms, but with flared jeans that looks a bit weird, so I've decided to take them to be fitted right. I just hope the seam has that jeans look to it after they are tailored, instead of looking flat and pointing out that I had them tailored.

When we get back, I shall make up a pitcher of pink lemonade. It is time for it.