December 7, 2006

Applause

...to Mother Nature for the show she put on from about 3:30-4:30 this afternoon. Funnily enough, just before the doom and rain moved in I was actually noting a rare break in the clouds and saw some blue sky showing through. But hardly 15 minutes later, it was suddenly night and soon after that the monsoons came. You could see water just pouring off the sides of the building I work in. There was at least one flash of lightning. I went back to work after checking it out for a bit and a little while later, once the rain was calming down, I saw the reflection of the yellow ball of the sun start to shine through the gray. It was dim enough though that you could look straight at it. It grew brighter and brighter as the wind blew the clouds to the east, and the sky went this really strange colour, a sort of yellowish-gray. It looked really bizarre. I thought to myself "this is what the end of the world will look like" and a colleague also said it looked apocalyptic. To the west you could see the line marking the edge of the clouds and it was heading our way. Right about the time the sun set, the sky was clearer and there was a mix of pink and gray clouds flying past at different levels. There was a vague pink tint everywhere outside. I kicked myself for not having my camera, but it probably wouldn't have been the same anyway.

But speaking of photos, I did take this one of the full moon the other night. Not perfect, but I kind of like it that way.