March 15, 2007

Feeling rather stupid

I came across this link to a site that tests how many of the 50 states you can name in 10 minutes (warning, your time starts as soon as you open the page). I thought, no problem, 10 minutes is enough time. But after about 4 minutes I'd run out of states I could remember and had six left. I was shocked. I thought, maybe if I'd missed one or two, fine, but six?! And I just couldn't think of anymore. Well, I suddenly remembered New Jersey with like 30 seconds left, but otherwise my mind was just blank. O was even trying to help, but he was naming ones I already had. I won't name the 5 I couldn't remember, so as not to jog your memory if you want to try it out (you already got the New Jersey freebie above), but at least the ones I didn't get were all states far from the West, so I didn't forget any of Oregon's neighbours (though Idaho was a late addition to my list somehow). I did remember all of the tiny New England states, but 3 of the ones I forgot are Midwestern states and 2 are Southern, so you can see where my mind ranks these things.