April 30, 2008

My apartment

After about 2 months of spending at least half of every weekend, plus some Thursday nights, shopping for things for my apartment, I have pretty much plateaued with the purchasing and now just need to clean up what I have. Half the room is done, the bedroom/living area. I still need to sort out the kitchen area, clean up a bunch of boxes sitting around still and eventually set up a kitchen table, but I've come a long way.

And it means, finally, photos!

First the outside of the house, on one of those sunnier days:



That's my room on the ground floor with the lovely sheets for curtains.

This is the gorgeous inner entry door of the house:




And my apartment... The finished, cleaned up part:





And the mess that still needs to be attended to:



The layout of the room has gone through many mutations. Here is how it was when I moved in, in the days of no fridge, no closet, little furniture, and sleeping on the floor on an air mattress:







Then I switched things around, but it was still pretty sparse:





Then I got a couch and a bunch of Ikea stuff, but I don't have photos of that period, which ended only this Sunday/Monday, when I got the bed frame put together (delayed by my own stupidity in buying the wrong size frame) and moved around the couch and tv/stereo (the couch had been in front of the windows and radiator). I was so chuffed Monday night when I moved it all around and everything fit and felt comfy and homey and I'm just so happy with my little place. =)

So I'm spending my Queen's Day uploading photos and downloading music, including some guilty pleasure pop stuff. See, I listened to the radio a lot while roadtripping around Australia and New Zealand, when I couldn't be bothered to play mp3s or pop in a CD, so I heard the most pop music I've heard in years. And I liked the occasional song, or at least wanted to get some songs as a reminder of Australia, so I nabbed some of that, as well as a Colin Meloy live show (not the one just released), which I'm enjoying at the moment.