August 20, 2007

One week!

In one week I'll not only have left for Australia, but I should have already landed in Melbourne. So hard for me to imagine right now, but I think this week will fly past fairly quickly and then I'll be on my way!

I'm not too stressed or even overly anxious right now, which is good. I have pretty much everything together, except for actually packing, which I plan to do in stages throughout the week. I'm done for now with booking things, which is good, it was stressing me out. I'll do more after I'm there. If I have some time this week I may look up a few things online, but it's not necessary.

I applied for my first jobs yesterday, three in total. It felt good to get some applications out there. Two of the jobs are at bakery kind of shops/cafes and the other is at a gelato shop, heh. I didn't have any rejection emails waiting for me today, so fingers crossed...

On Saturday I had a party to see as many friends as I could before I leave. I think it was a definite success, due in no small part to the Mexican food Erika and I made, and the margaritas her husband Karl mixed up. A huge thanks to both of them for all the help they provided before and during the party! And thanks to those who were able to make it, it was so good to see everyone, some of you who I haven't seen in awhile.

I probably won't really have anymore updates before I go, so the next news will likely be from Australia!