May 4, 2008

Biking around Leiden

I spent a couple of hours of today's lovely afternoon biking around Leiden, both in my neighborhood and in the center. I'm glad I finally picked up my bike from Amsterdam on Thursday. I quickly got used to biking again, though my bum is not happy with me.

I took a bunch of photos, some of which I've uploaded to Flickr, and you can view them starting here. It's a mixed bag of stuff, including photos from my street, places in the center of Leiden, plus some graffiti near the train station, which all seems to have been done as a memorial to someone who died recently. I like that, despite the quaint and academic reputation of Leiden, I still have found some great graffiti and stickers here. There is also an active squatters' movement, so it's not all boring and full of preppy students.