January 18, 2010

Things to look forward to

2010 is already looking up, despite the fact that I got sick in the past week. I have 3 wonderful trips planned already and that is a very good thing indeed. Even better is that each is only about a month apart, so I have a happy few months in a row of travelling.

First up, and unfortunately still a few months off, is a few days to Stockholm over Easter weekend. It's a bit earlier in the year than I would prefer for going to Scandinavia, but I wanted to make use of the long holiday weekend.

Then in May I'll be going to the Lake District in the UK to attend my friends' wedding. I'll also be popping down to Nottingham to see how it's been, as well as hopefully seeing a friend of mine there.

And in June and July I'll be making a grand 3 week visit to Oregon, one week of which I plan to spend road tripping around the state, plus I'll be there over the Fourth. I have the feeling that this trip home will be quite different from any other, due to getting in touch with people from school who I had lost contact with, and getting to know some people online who live around Portland. So there will be a lot more people than usual who I'll want to see, it'll probably be a bit hectic, but hopefully it'll be some good times.

Now, just a couple more months of winter to get through...