December 27, 2009

My 3rd day of Christmas

Christmas gathering 3: Boxing Day

E and K had a casual gathering at their house, featuring tons of delicious, homemade food, mostly Swedish specialities. I was quickly buzzing on sugar overload and drunk on glögg, Swedish mulled wine.

The food table, including the glögg, Swedish gingerbread, and salads some people brought



More sweets: thumbprint cookies, meringues, and knäck (caramels).



The living room and Christmas tree


In case all those sweets weren't enough, they later made a pot of risgrynsgröt, a rice pudding sweetened with brown sugar and cinnamon and served with milk. Yum.

There were also the cats to play with, of course.

Lillet, looking very graceful



Sazerac, trying to look innocent



Good, ol' Coco


Now that the Christmas celebrations are over, I can begin a week of sitting at home doing nothing. Well, not nothing, I have tons I'd like to get done and I hope to not be too lazy. But it will be nice to mostly just chill.