December 30, 2009

Old and new

It feels like the end of the year has just snuck up on me. I can't believe it's New Year's Eve tomorrow. It was a weird year. I worried it was starting off with a bad omen when my dad died, but fortunately things went fine. I had a bit of luck even, like that my accident in Croatia wasn't any worse than it was, and that in a year of the Mexican flu I didn't take one sick day and only had a couple of minor colds. Looking back on 2009 though, it was just sort of... there. Not particularly good or bad, it just was. Which I guess isn't really a bad thing. I'm ending the year feeling rather strong and stable. I've changed some things recently and feel mentally better than I have in awhile. Now if I could just get into better physical shape...

There are already a few things I'm looking forward to in 2010: going to the UK for a good friend's wedding, making what should be a pretty epic trip to Oregon, possibly going to Spain again. And hopefully making some movements towards Australia by the end of the year.

Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful and happy new year!