February 15, 2010

February

February's only half over and it already feels interminable. Not much going on, all the stuff to look forward to is still really far away... At least I'm still enjoying the wintery weather.

Some little things to look forward to in the near future:

- Someday I'll receive some magazines from the Oregon tourism board, if they haven't gone missing en route. I ordered them over 3 weeks ago. Maybe the email I got confirming my order, describing how the guides were going around the state to soak up all Oregon has to offer, wasn't so tongue-in-cheek after all.

- I'll get the new Quasi album in the mail, along with a DVD of their Who covers New Year's Eve show. In the meantime, I got a link to download the album and I must say I quite like it so far. Not as heavily political as the last couple of albums, quite rocky, with a more fleshed out sound thanks to turning into a trio with the addition of Joanna Bolme. I look forward to seeing them live in a couple of months.

- My only live show of the month is next week: Josh Ritter opening for The Swell Season. I admit I bought the ticket for Josh Ritter, who I haven't seen live in awhile, but I have now watched Once and am looking forward to seeing The Swell Season as well.

That's about all at the moment. Still about two months until my next trip. We are far away yet from being able to envision spring. Energy levels are low. I can't wait for this month to be over.