March 14, 2010

Ze lentekriebels

It's been a long few weeks. I guess most of it can be chalked up to two things: winter dragging itself out, and me not having much going on. After a fairly busy January, I was happy to see some empty weeks in February, but instead of being productive, I sank further into the laziness I've had all winter and just ended up disappointed with myself. And bored. Very, very bored. Bored at work and bored at home. This feeling has been going on since early February, only broken up by occasional moments of hyperactivity. I think I have been spending too much time at home (for which I have no one to blame but myself) and the spring fever/cabin fever is building.

Lentekriebels is such a good word for how I feel because I do feel itchy and jumpy inside and wishing for something to happen. I've been thinking about home a lot and wishing I was back there with a car and I could just jump in and drive and drive and then get somewhere beautiful and walk and walk or just stare at the nature. I'm feeling so suffocated by the lack of nature and space here. Though I also very much miss just having weather warm enough to jump on my bike and go somewhere. That'd be something at least. I end up in these weird manic/tired moods where I have bursts of energy, but feeling like I have nowhere to direct them. They say by the end of this week we should be firmly into double digit temperatures, finally, and it's less than a month until I go on holiday, finally. Hopefully this period will be over soon.