October 13, 2004

Photos!

Right, I finally get to try out posting some photos. I want to post a couple of things I've taken recently.

This first one was taken only a day after we moved into the new house. Some young people happened to be moving as well, into a place across the street. (I dunno what it was with moving last weekend. Not only was there us and these guys, but two sets of people were moving out of houses two doors down from our old house. The street was clogged with rented vans and trailers.) I watched two guys and a girl unload stuff from a small trailer hitched to a car. Eventually I noticed the sign which the girl is carrying in the photo:

Yr too damn high!

Translated, the sign says "You are too high. Go back." I'm assuming it was stolen from an overpass or parking garage. I totally want to print up signs with this message on it and flash it to any overly tall Dutch person I come across. Except maybe I'd change it to "Ga weg (Go away)", which would be particularly useful at concerts.

And no, I'm not a voyeur for peeking from behind the curtains to take zoom photos of our new neighbours.

The second photo is more simple, just the lovely sunrise from this morning. This is out our bedroom window.