February 6, 2005

Go Sars!

One of my favourite procrastination websites to read at work is Tomato Nation. I love Sars' writing and once I've read the weekly essay, there's an almost-daily dose of The Vine, her advice column. No letter is too lame or too long to be answered and she's not afraid to give someone her honest opinion. A letter from the other day illustrates this well (scroll down to the 3rd letter beginning "I'm at the end of my rope...") The person writing is clueless and Sars' response is hilarious. A must-read.

I had O read the letter too because it was so priceless, and when it mentioned chain mail, he asked me what that was. I said it's the thin stuff knights wear, and he scrunched up his nose and said "oh, THAT?!?" heheheh. After he'd read the whole thing, he said "And the dude bought it on ebay. It's not even new chain mail, it's like secondhand chain mail. That is just sad."