January 12, 2005

Muhahaha

A few days ago, I mentioned in passing that it was gonna be a-stormin' over the weekend. I was hoping that there's be some good damage around to show for the horrible weather we had to suffer through, but nothing much happened, I didn't hear of anything on the news.

That is until I arrived at work on Monday and we found that the oak tree that a princess "planted" had been blown over. I guess she and the young tykes didn't throw enough dirt at it. The tree chose a good direction to fall in, because on the way down, it took out one of the three flagpoles that are also out on the front yard. Brillant. I wish I had photos, but alas, I don't. On Tuesday morning, the tree had already been pulled back up and anchored to poles placed on the windy side of the tree. I would laugh so much if the wind changed direction and pushed it over from the other side. It's pretty sad though, to have to anchor it like that since it's not just a little, twiggy tree, it's quite tall already. The flagpole is still a mangled stump at the edge of the lawn. It's like having a cross between the kite-eating tree and the whomping willow.