March 27, 2005

Doing something constructive

My dad always used to tell my brother and I to go do something constructive with our time on the weekends instead of sit and watch TV or whatever all day. He'd be happy with me today then, I think, since I was pretty damn productive. Ok, he might not consider some of the things I chose to do to be "constructive" but they were things I wanted to do, so it's good enough for me.

First, I baked some muffins, since I recently finally bought a muffin pan. They were banana chocolate, and pretty damn good, if a bit small. O liked 'em, even though before I made them he claimed to not like any muffins that weren't chocolate. I guess by at least adding chocolate bits, I'm preparing him one day for blueberry muffins, or something similarly non-chocolate containing. I have some photos to post related to the muffin-making experience, but they will be posted at a later time.

I also dyed my hair red. I thought it'd be a futile exercise because previous attempts resulted in nothing more than a faint hint of colour if you looked at my hair at the right angle in very bright sunlight, but it actually fucking worked for once. Maybe it was cuz I was using Manic Panic before, maybe my hair just didn't take it in. Anyway, my hair isn't red, per se, which would be kinda freaky, it just has a red glow to it, which is what I wanted/expected anyway. I hope to also post a related photo at some point.

And then something I didn't really do, but which is done nonetheless, O upgraded my computer with the parts from his old computer, so it's faster and all that. I still haven't been on it though (on O's computer now), so I have to go in and put all my settings back to the way I want them, which is such a pain. Next computer step is to get a desk of my own (O and I currently share the same desk, which is uncomfortable), and then maybe sometime soon get a flat-screen monitor. Perhaps. Apparently they're not so expensive anymore.

And woo, that leaves me with all of tomorrow and most of my plans already finished. Go me.