March 22, 2005

Who knew

Oh Dog has two recent posts about his trip to Vancouver BC and Seattle. His conclusion on Vancouver is "Worst City Ever". I am shocked and amazed. I've never heard anything about Vancouver except that it's brilliant and multicultural and beautiful. I admit that the photos don't look all that beautiful (what's up with all of the identical high-rises?) How disappointing. And to think I wanted to move there, thinking it'd be like a European Portland. The idea got ditched anyway when I found out that Canadians don't get any more vacation time than Americans do.

Last weekend on Yorin Travel they went to Vancouver Island. Maybe that's where Oh Dog should have gone. It looked gorgeous, and they saw bears and salmon and whales, and it was all very Canadian, with mountains and glaciers and water planes. I'd like to visit there.