April 3, 2005

The savage bunny eater

I meant to post this for Easter, so I'm a week late, but I'm posting it anyway.

My work gave everyone chocolate bunnies for Easter, which was rather nice since we thought seasonal gifts like that would stop after we had merged with our evil parent company of doom. Unfortunately, not the most attractive chocolate bunny was chosen:



To me it looks either like some horrible geek, or a meanacing devil with nasty, big, pointy teeth, depending on how you look at it. I decided that if some devil (sent by our parent company?) did indeed lurk inside its hollow interior, something would have to be done to keep it from taking over all our souls.

The first step: it had to be killed, swiftly and viciously, so that any devil spirit would hopefully be eliminated right away.

I came up on the bunny slowly and quietly.



Within a few seconds, I think I was making progress.



I was pretty sure the devil spirit had been eradicated. The world still seemed to be turning on and, as far as I could tell, my soul felt safe. But I had to be sure. Perhaps this spirit had soaked into the chocolate shell of the bunny. The only solution came to me: I would bake banana chocolate muffins from this devlish shell. The heat would surely destroy any remaining spirit.

The muffins were promptly baked. I felt the possibility diminishing of any evil spirit releasing itself. But once more I had to be sure. Surely if I ingested the devil bunny, we would all be safe. I prepared to give myself up in order for the devil bunny to be gone, once and for all.



I gobbled down the muffin, and all was good.