September 17, 2005

My world's gonna be rocked

They arrived in the mail today: two tickets to see Sleater-Kinney play in Glasgow on November 11. Oh yes, for the first time in 5 years I have Sleater-Kinney tickets. And it feels good.

What doesn't feel good is that they aren't coming to play in Amsterdam, or anywhere else in Holland. They haven't played a non-festival show here in over 5 years. So I must go to Scotland to see them. I'm still debating whether to also see them on November 10 in Nottingham, where I lived for a few months years ago, but it would involve transport issues, more days off work, etc. For now, I'll content myself with the Glasgow tickets.

In completely other news, I bought a rather nice, used flat-screen monitor from some guy offloading it because he was leaving the country. He was kinda freaky though, nice but chaotic, and I think his life revolved around clubbing, smoking pot and scuba diving (yes, in the Netherlands). Since O and I both have new monitors, we have our old ones to get rid of. Anyone want a good quality Ilyama monitor, one 17", one 19"? =D