April 11, 2007

Flights booked!

As planned, O and I booked our plane tickets for Australia last weekend. So now I know when I'll be leaving! I leave August 26, arriving in Melbourne the evening of the 27th. I feel fortunate to not be coming from the US since coming from that side means you cross the International Date Line and all sorts of weird things happen then, and you arrive in Australia two days after you left, so you lose time.

O will be joining me in Melbourne at the very end of November, and then we both leave Australia at the end of January. We booked in a stopover of about 2 1/2 days in Kuala Lumpur on the way back.

So that (big, expensive) part is set. This weekend I need to go into town and ask for a check from the bank again and also get some passport photos. I think those are the most pressing things for now, I won't really worry about sending in my visa application until late May.