July 12, 2007

6 1/2 weeks is not enough time

I'm suddenly feeling the press of how little time there really is before I leave for Australia. I thought things would be pretty quiet after this week, once a friend's wedding was over, but instead the weekends are filling up fast with plans for dinners and such.

Besides the wedding this Saturday, O's mom is coming over to ours for dinner on Sunday. Then I thought I should try to see O's brother and his girlfriend before I go, so there'll be dinner with them at some point. I'm having a party before I go, but one friend can't make that, so we'll have dinner with her one Saturday. Another dinner is planned with another friend on the same weekend as O's and my anniversary, for which we'll go out for dinner. Yeesh. Granted, this still leaves most weekend days free, plus O is going to Prague for a week starting next Thursday, so I'll have some evenings to concentrate on Australia stuff, but it all filled up so fast, I hardly knew what happened.

I still don't have my package of Australia info, which includes my visa. It's taken almost a month to get to me thanks to it being returned to sender for some reason that is lost on me, and then it was sent again to an aunt of mine, but it's been a week and a half so far since my aunt forwarded the package to me and still no sign of it. I realized yesterday that maybe the 4th of July holiday in the US delayed it more than usual, but if I don't have it by Saturday, I'll be really worried.

I did however finally receive my Moo cards, which I plan to hand to people I meet on the trip so they have my email address. It took a week to get here from the UK, but when it arrived I saw the likely reason for it taking so long: Moo didn't put the postcode in my address. Yeah, that doesn't help things. But I'm very happy with the cards, they're very cute.