June 21, 2007

Visa sorted!

Ok, I don't actually have the visa and information on working in Australia yet, but the package of info is being sent to my parents', so I should have it within a couple of weeks. But in the meantime I got an email from the organization that helps you out when you are in Australia and it has some things I can start looking into, like setting up a bank account and such. Plus they have a forum with tips on life there and getting a job and all... I can finally dig into that, though lately with only really thinking about the travel side of things I might start panicking at the thought of having to sort out the work and living things, but I'm sure it'll go ok.

Since a couple of people have asked me recently about whether I'll be writing about my trip, the answer is yes, though I'm setting up a blog separate from this one for it. A link will be posted here when the new blog is ready, so you can find out if I've gone broke and am living on the streets of Melbourne, or, if not that, hear about the weather as I enter a second spring and summer while the northern hemisphere hunkers down for the winter.