May 26, 2007

Application sent!

I mailed off my Australia visa application, and all the supporting materials to go with it, today. If all goes well, I should have further info on the work program in a few weeks (depending on when my mom forwards the info to me, since it has to be mailed to a US address). Hopefully it can help me get a job and find a place to live. Plus it will come with an Australia Lonely Planet, which will be nice to look through.

Oh, two things I forgot to add to my list of Portland stuff in my last post:

- Cost of more than 12 hours of parking at a garage in downtown Portland on a Saturday: $5 (!!!)
- Amount of weight my suitcase gained between the trip there and the trip back: 19.25 pounds (8.73 kg) (no smart aleck remarks about how much weight I may have gained during the same period)